The Undead Scourge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted Mansion

+2
Dusk
Veroth
6 posters

Go down

Suggestions

Haunted Mansion I_vote_lcap9%Haunted Mansion I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Haunted Mansion I_vote_lcap6%Haunted Mansion I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Haunted Mansion I_vote_lcap15%Haunted Mansion I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Haunted Mansion I_vote_lcap15%Haunted Mansion I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Haunted Mansion I_vote_lcap12%Haunted Mansion I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

Haunted Mansion Empty Haunted Mansion

Post  Veroth Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:29 pm

((Remember, you can vote once for as much roles as you want. Please Do not Vote for Soul Eater or Wraith, as these have been added.))
Greetings fellow TUS members, I have made a small Guild RP. It is a mix between a Haunted/Killer RP. This will take place in Karazhan. It is being upgraded now, to allow the upper levels to be used. The RP will have one large raid group, although the members are split in two sides. The first is the "Good" side. This will consist of: Civilians, Guards, and two Heroes ((Also the roles in the poll)). The other one is the "Evil" side. This consists of: Killer, Ghosts, and Ghouls ((same as good, roles from poll are added)), they also have their own chat channel. In addition to these, one may be a resident of the mansion. Residents are civilians, but they're on the mansions owners (Killer) side. These people can be tour guides, butlers, family, servants, maids, etc, but they do not know the mansion owner is the killer. There is also werewolf, a role that, by day, is a normal person in the Good Side. But at night, it he transforms into his Wolf form, joining the Evil side. Now, onto the powers... Civilian: Can sprint and run away quickly ((Certain people may get special goggles, allowing them to see Ghosts)). Guard: Can survive a mortal blow by using his sheild and can aid other when in need. Hero: Can kill the killer, and protect anyone else. Killer: Every day, he can kill one person, has stealth, and can call minions to his aid. He can also vanish, teleporting somewhere of his choice in the mansion. Ghost: Invisible to the naked eye, they can also grab people and drag them away. Ghoul: Can fight Guards with no advantage, kill civilians, and fight Heroes, with a large disadvantage. Also, if allowed to, a Ghoul may bite off a targets limb, severly crippling them. The werewolf can kill one person a day, like the killer. However, unlike the killer, he may choose to bite the target, making them a werewolf too the next day. The killer and werewolf are allowed to enter skirmishes, but not deliver a mortal blow to the enemy unless he has the absolute ability to (Not killing them without an RP fight) or not used their kill point. Werewolves and the Killer get a kill point each day. These are cumulative, however a killer begins to weaken after not killing anyone for a while, and a werewolf gets hungrier for flesh. If the Killer or Werewolf does not have a kill point, but is attacked, he may kill the other one if he gets the chance.

Feel free to post any suggestions and please vote!

Last edited by Veroth on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Veroth Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 am

Here are the displayID's for evil side / werewolf and item ID's for the good side.

Ghost: Morphs 14560, 14592, or 11649.
Ghoul: Morphs 10487, 646, or 1065.
Werewolf: Morphs 202 Or 1947.

Civilian Garb:
Pants: 1499 (Brown-Black) 20849 (Blue) 1768 (Short Brown)
Shirts: 3428 (Gray) 5107 (White without sleeves) 16060 (White) 2579 (Green) 2577 (Blue)
Boots: 24646 (Black and White) 24678 (Brown) 8284 (Black and Blue)
((Please note, these are not necessary, but ideas for items if you need them.))

Guard Uniform:
Itemset 192200
Shield: 1203 (Stormwind, Blue) 6320 (Stormwind, Yellow)

Killer's Clothes: ((Must have leather skillID learned)) 40519, 39224, 39279, 39299, 39386, 16707. 40722 39237.

Soul Eater: Itemset 132000

Witch: 28586, 2800 and 23124

Skeleton: Morph 3507

Wraith: Morph 20089

Marksman: Same as adventurer, but with a gun / bow.

Exorcist: Itemset 134420

Priest: Priest TX set ((Don't have ID))

Sorceror: 9943, 9940 / 9978 and 11782. Staff of your choice.

Adventurer: Any armour of your liking that doesen't look: Magic. Heroic. Or otherwise very strong-type ((Saurfang like for example))

Hero Uniform:
Anything Holy or Epic looking.

Rules and How to play.
Alright everyone, here's how to order how to play: Each class has their own special ability. For example, a ghoul can gnaw someones limb off, and guards can protect themselves from a fatal blow with their shields. Each ability ((Except for Residents or Civilians and Ghost)) has a number of uses. You may use these only as many times as they're said to be able to in the descriptions. Also, just because you can, doesen't mean you will. If a ghoul tries to bite the guards arm off, but the guard defends himself, don't complain about it please. If you used your ability, but it failed, you still get to be able to use it without detracting "charges" from your ability. Please, I must say this DO NOT GOD MOD! Just because you're a ghoul, doesen't mean you can run up to random people eating off their leggs. You have to RP it, and ATTEMPT. This in an example of Bad RP and God Modding:
[Ghoul] says: *Bites off Mans arm.*
[Man] says: Oh God! Ouch! Aaaaah!!!
This, although dramatic and plot twisting, is god mod. Ghoul did not give Man any choice of what to do. He just went up to him, bit off his arm. For the Ghoul, this might seem fun and all... But think of Man. How would you like it that some random person jumps up to you and eats off your arm eh? Doesen't sound fun doesen't it? Now, here's an example of good RP without God Mod.
[Ghoul] says: *Runs up to Man in a frenzy, leaps up on him, and starts gnawing on his arm, trying to chew it off*
[Man] says: Aaaagh! Get off of me! *Smacks Ghoul repeatedly on his head with a piece of wood*
[Man] yells: Help me someone!
[Ghoul] says: *Ignoring the wood piece being struck with, Ghoul begins to gnaw harder, in a blood-crazed frenzy*
[Hero] says: Back you mindless wretch! *The Hero swings his blade at the Ghoul*
[Ghoul] says: *Ghoul doesen't see the blade in time and gets killed, cut cleanly in half.*
Now, lets take a look at this. For the first part, its much more detailed from the first example. Second of all, the Ghoul gives the Man a chance to actually do something. Given the chance, the Man fought back, and yelled for help, saving his arm, although badly injured. Now, this could have ended in many ways. Had the man not yelled for example, his arm would've probably been gone now. Also note that the Ghoul allows himself to be killed. This is another thing that a good RP'er does. If the ghoul is so blood-crazy to attack a man and try to eat his arm / leg, why would he care to look at someone else? I am saying all of this, because God Modding will simply not be allowed. Anyone who God mods will be kicked from the RP. No questions asked. The only case in which God Mod will be allowed, is only if the action portrayed is unavoidable or logical. So lets suppose, the hero helps the man out and now they're going to get first aid for the mans wounds. So, the Hero speeds up, and leaves the Man accidentally behind. Another Ghoul, seeing the Man, goes in for the kill and begins to try to gnaw the mans arm off too. Because the Man has been previously attacked, its quite possible his arm might come out near-instantly. For spellcasters, such as soul eater, witch, sorceror etc. Do not instantly curse / transform / exorcise another person. Instead of: *Curses Man*, try *The witch starts to chant some strange words, focusing her magic on the man.* Thats about it on the RP guidelines. Lets now go to the abilities again. Ghost. A ghost is invisible and cannot be killed except for a special gun nor seen with a special set of goggles. Their special ability is capturing. They can get a random person of their liking, pick them up, and take them to wherever they want. The person being taken CANNOT do anything about it, and must get help from another person. This is to encourage team play. This ability can be potentially deadly, such as dropping people down from a long distance *Hint Hint*. When your character is going to die or died, accept it. Don't go around saying you had a special relic passed down from you're ancestors that gives you immortality. Immortality is strictly forbidden, except in the case where no one can kill the Killer except for a Hero. If the Heroes die, then one person becomes the Hero. If the person does not wish to become the hero, they will be corrupted, slain and turned into a ghoul. Only two more people can become a hero, and if they die, then it becomes really hard to win. The victory for the Good side is getting a key from the killer and opening the door to the outside. The Evil's victory is when either all the Good side is dead, or the remaining ones are possessd. Now, Guard. Guards are civilians with armour, weapons, and shields. Due to their armour, they're a bit harder to get a successful gnaw out from a ghoul. Their shield also allows them to block any incoming blow, but only once. Hero is a supercharged guard. They've many different weapons, armour, and shields / ranged weapons to choose from. Also, they're the only ones able to kill the Killer. Ghoul. They chew peoples body parts off ((If they're really lucky, they can chew off the head)) and can take hand to hand combat with a guard, but get killed easily by Heroes. Wraiths can take over peoples minds. Esentially a mind controller, a Wraith gives up its essence, and fills the target with his concious. People taken over by wraiths do the wraiths bidding, turn to evil side, and act noticeable stranger. And now, the Killer. He kills people with his weapon of choice, wears unholy armour, can stealth, and call minions to his aid ((In the evil's chat channel)). He can only be killed by the killer. He gains 1 kill point every night, but only uses it when he gives a successive blow. Remember, RP the fight, do not just: *Kills*. Finally the werewolf, he's pretty much the killer, except he starts by himself. He is in the Good team at day, gets cravings by afternoon, and becomes a werewolf at night. He can kill people, or turn them into werewolves. Each takes 1 kill point. Alright, those are the rules and a more descriptive description of each character, please remember to vote and post!

Last edited by Veroth on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Why not aittle something else?

Post  Dusk Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am

I love your idea and I will make sure I post my vote on the poll and get on Dusk and help you out, but I was thinking. Instead of a werewolf, why not it be a human..that is civilian at the day..during mid-day gets abit of craving, and joins like a neutral side, that goes after BOTH. But THEN at night turns to a Werewolf. Why not have it be like a Vampiric Beast? (I'm trying not to say the direct word Vampire since Vampires and Werewolves are natural enemies.). Think about it, then maybe consider something for other things to get affect for the neutral side, or more types of people, since really only the Vampiric thing can't be ALONE on this side, unless of course it's a only him thing, but as you said the Werewolf can bite somebody to transform them, so..i'll leave you to figure that out. Either way, love the idea.

~ Dusk the Vampire ( Twisted Evil )
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty RE: Why not a little something else.

Post  Veroth Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 am

Are you saying to replace the werewolf per se with Vampiric Beast? Or adding another role? The werewolf is a civilian by day, and becomes the werewolf at night. He doesen't know he's the werewolf. And by both, do you mean Good And Evil side? The reason why there aren't so many neutral things is because the werewolf is supposed to have a different strategy. Good has the largest ammount of players, evil has a smaller amount of players, and werewolf is a loner. The werewolf is supposed to break from the: have a static amount of players at start. He must be carefull, planning, and stealthy. Slowly, if let alone, the werewolf can take over the game.

((Also, since I don't want to post again, Evil side has portals to: Kitchen, Ball Room, Secret Place, Armory, and Dorm Rooms.))

Thanks for the suggestion and Posting.

Veroth.
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Another idea.

Post  Dusk Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:05 am

I myself hearing this considered that it should just replace the Werewolf role, and just be that way no mattering of the Good and Evil side. But you mentioning to be a different role suggested another idea in my mind. If it is to be a different role, it should have a bad side. If the Werewolf is to turn to a Werewolf at night, and the other role is a sort of Vampiric Beast relating to the Werewolf, possibly at night the Vampiric Beast looks completely different from how a half werewolf should, sort of heavier armor, fangs you know, and they should be enemies, and during the night the Beast has a chance to call out the Werewolf, and they both fight until only one remains. (This of course can only be done nearing the end of the Roleplay, or that would crash it majorly.) Exactly, if the Vampiric Beast does beat the Werewolf, he would in technical terms be taking over that role, but of course they fight and in TRUE form, they are not the same role, and will not be in the same side. (Hopefully.) Give your opinion.

~ Dusk the Vampire ( Smile )
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty RE: Another Idea.

Post  Veroth Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:13 am

Hmm, so you're saying that Vampiric Beast should be the same concept of the Werewolf, but has different looks? I like the idea of them fighting together in the end. The fact that you replied so soon tells me you're lurking around the website... And are online. Also, all I need help with right now is waypoints for the Npc's. So if you want to help, just contact me In Game.
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Re: Haunted Mansion

Post  Dusk Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 am

Are you on currently? I will help as soon as possible, because I am just about a expert with waypoints. Plus yes, I am lurking around, posting and reading and everything I can. I'm suprised you replied as quickly as you did aswell. But yes, I do mean that the Vampiric Beast is like the Werewolf, but with different looks, but the Vampiric Beast has a craving to kill people but does minor damage. That would be if in example: Morning, Noon, Night, it would be during the Noon that he would start to have minor cravings to eat them or kill them, or such. But yes fighting is a good idea, and your probably thinking by now if I am trying to usher in the stronger person, and you may modify that for it, but I just think if he is Vampiric, he should have some sort of craving early on.

~ Dusk the Vampire
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post  Veroth Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:32 am

Yes, I am currently online, and your waypoint help would be greatly appreciated. So, instead of a werewolf mechaninc, they would instead kill people? Its sort of like killer + werewolf... I like it. Anyways, since you're willing to help as soon as possible, just come online and we can finish this RP preparation up. Its 95% done except for the waypoints and some minor ambience critters. Also, we will be working on the upper level of Karazhan today / tomorrow if the RP goes well.

Hope to see you online soon, Veroth. Suspect
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Great idea

Post  The Proff Is IN Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:40 am

I would definately be up for that, save me a space as apprentice

The Proff Is IN

Back to top Go down

Post  Trollere Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 am

So can i be that apprantice killer or whatever apprentice or something like that? i like to tourcher people Very Happy
Trollere
Trollere

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty RE: Trollere

Post  Veroth Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 am

If no one takes it before you, I'm sure you can take the apprentice role. And if by "tourcher" you mean torture, then yes the apprenitec role might be a good idea for you.
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Credits

Post  Veroth Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:56 am

For all of those who played and enjoyed the Haunted Mansion, please give thanks to the following people. If it wasn't for them, none of this would be possible.

Halif: Spawned most game objects and helped me prepare from start to finish/
Dusk: Spawned some game objects and made waypoints for the npc's, allowing for a ((Somewhat)) life like enviroment. ((The thingies that make things move and make the place look cool))
Ritrai: Helped with Character and Location Concept.
FireGirl: Helped with Character and Location Concept.
Zike: "Attempted" to help.
Menelaus: For giving me permission and announcing in guild chat.
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Add a new Roll?

Post  Garrog Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Maybe a Giant Spider?
I've been a Wizz at the Hoaunted Hosue RP's by being a Giant spider in the servants quarters, I just crawl above people on the ceiling, drooling acidic waste... they look up.. and then... HAAAA!!!! -They're posioned and wrapped in webs- >Smile

Garrog

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty RE: New Role

Post  Veroth Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:53 pm

I will debate and ponder with myself in calculation whether or not to add beast roles such as Giant Spider etc. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Veroth Suspect
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty Also, instead of the Regular Karazhan music...

Post  Garrog Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:17 pm

I think we should have a diffrent theme for the haunted house, oen that actually brigns fear into your heart... well maybe a bit lower than that, BTU STILL, it gives ya shivers.

Since I like Rare-Ware games, Here's one of my picks

Garrog

Back to top Go down

Post  ImStamper Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 pm

This idea might seem alittle OP but i decided to post it anyway.Well we could add two more types. Good Ghost and ShapeShifter. ShapeShifter can shift it hands to claws or one hand into sword {BladeFist} Claws= {Left and Right Handed Claws}.Shapeshifter isnt all powerful killing monster,It has its own weakness.ShapeShifter is very visible so its easy to kill by Marksmans,Adventurers etc.It is basically like an usual human being only its undead and wont die so quickly.They can hide very well too and they can climb walls by sticking claws into it.Also Of course the Shape shifter can shape itself so you can play good guy and morph into normal people while at the right moment you start killing Very Happy(Dont like it? Then answer) Good Ghost=Ghost who is well basically like an every usual ghost and has its own powers only it isnt being controlled by the master.It can control itself and help the adventurers in the castle.Good Ghosts are being hated by the bad guys so either way Bad ghosts can kill them kinda like in Ghost Battle.And the Good Ghost is already in the mansion.

Yea i know its lame but i just wanted to put it up here

Last edited by ImStamper on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : You dont know?)
ImStamper
ImStamper

Back to top Go down

Haunted Mansion Empty RE: Stampers Idea

Post  Veroth Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 am

As I told Garrog, I will debate with myself whether or not to add the Shapeshifter. I also have a question about the good ghost. Is it made by soul eater? Or does it just happen to be in the mansion. Please tell me which one of these the Good Ghost would come out of.
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum