The Undead Scourge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstory RPs.

4 posters

Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Backstory RPs.

Post  Kishin Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:37 pm

I randomly reading through all the Backstories on our forums and they were all outstanding, so... I was thinking to myself "Wouldn't it be fun if we made a Roleplay out of our Backstories."
So, that's basically my idea, Acting out our Roleplays. This can work out nicely, as some Backstories require either a little amount of people or a large amount of people.
Here could be an example with my Backstory: Scene 1: The group find a baby girl laying on the ground in a burning village. Scene 2: The group bring the baby orphan to their hometown where she is put in a home to live with a small family.

I hope this idea gets through. Smile
Kishin
Kishin

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Acting out our Backstories.

Post  Veroth Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:23 am

Acting out our characters history can be a very fun and rewarding experience. People get a taste of the other persons work and determination of their character, and can be a great practice to Newer RP'ers. The thing that concerns me however is that sometimes, characters are background class. What I mean is: The Protagonist. You. The persons character is the main center of action, and most people will be focusing on you. This is a fun yet challenging role. Then there are the secondary characters. Your friends, family members etc. And finally the background characters. These may not seem very important, but may add alot of depth to your story. My worry is that some backstories only have one protagonist, a few secondary characters, and a ton of background characters. While for example, to Retsu the protagonist, being saved by a hero ((Just an example)) just in time from a burning building, while defending her from the antagonist is fun, people that play the antagonists minions that are uber pwnd in a few seconds by the heroes powers, the running screaming villagers, or that guy from down the street that said hello to you a while ago, roleplaying those characters is just plain boring. Most people prefer to be secondary / protagonist to being some prop. What I'm saying is, not many people just want to sit around and make your preformance better while you take the action. In a short sentence, people become impatient and bored if they're just a supporting character. Now if you can give me a solution to this, I will support this topic.

-Veroth Suspect
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Solution?

Post  Sonny Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Well Veroth what you say is true. I think I DO have a solution to that problem. Background characters should be more involved into the story. Like when you said that Retsu the protagonist was saved by a hero in that burning building, instead of that the background characters could for example AID the hero in saving Retsu. For example: "Background Char#1 helps Hero with breaking the door down". Add more spice into their roles. Not just make them sit there just doing nothing. I hope you add this solution into mind.

-Sonny, the Super Mutant Twisted Evil
Sonny
Sonny

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Your Suggestion Sonny

Post  Veroth Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Hmmm, interesting idea... It will certinatly make it much more enjoyable, but then almost each of the back ground characters have to do something, which will make it look like the Hero needs help to do everything. Maybe a handfull of background characters may do something fun, but what about the rest? There has to be someone panicking, not everyone is brave enough to go help. Answer me this final problem and I will support the idea ((Unless more questions arise.)) And remember, wear your gas mask!
Veroth
Veroth

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Sign up For Backstory RP's Here.

Post  Eraner Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 pm

If you are signing up to Participate in Backstories put a (P) after your role, and characters name.
If you are signing up as a Main character, Put a (C) after your Characters name, and put a link to your backstory post. Menelaus has Asked me to place this under this post.

Last edited by Eraner on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left Info out.)
Eraner
Eraner

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Re: Solution?

Post  Sonny Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:34 am

Veroth wrote:Hmmm, interesting idea... It will certinatly make it much more enjoyable, but then almost each of the back ground characters have to do something, which will make it look like the Hero needs help to do everything. Maybe a handfull of background characters may do something fun, but what about the rest? There has to be someone panicking, not everyone is brave enough to go help. Answer me this final problem and I will support the idea ((Unless more questions arise.)) And remember, wear your gas mask!

No, no I'm not saying that the hero needs help with everything! Just some things, background characters should be spoken to too. Example, The hero asks for directions to the town where Retsu lives. You need to be atleast realistic. The hero can't know everything. Heroes still need atleast some help, background characters need to be interacted with. Any more questions? I hope this helped.
Sonny
Sonny

Back to top Go down

Backstory RPs. Empty Re: Backstory RPs.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down